In order to support students and scholars from all over the world to study in Chinese higher education institutions, enhance mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and people around the world, and develop exchanges and cooperation between China and other countries in the fields of education, science, technology, culture, economy and trade, the Chinese government has launched the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Since 2012, with the approval of the Ministry of Education of China, Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (CDUTCM) has been approved to award Chinese government scholarships to outstanding foreign graduates and PhD students.
Ⅰ. University Overview
Founded in 1956, Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine is one of the four earliest-established higher education institutions of TCM in China. After 66 years of development, the university has become a notable university of traditional Chinese medicine with distinctive characteristics, with TCM discipline as the foundation alongside the medical and health discipline, supporting and forming an interdependent mutual foundation, developing coordinately distinctive special features. In 2017, it was selected as a national Double First-Class construction university. In 2020, it became a university jointly built by the Sichuan Provincial People’s Government, the Ministry of Education and the National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
CDUTCM is located in Chengdu, a land of abundance surrounded by mountains and rivers, with beautiful scenery, superior environment and convenient transportation. The university covers an area of about 1,800 mu, with 19 colleges, and more than 26,000 full-time students. Currently, there are three PhD degrees in first-level disciplines, 28 PhD degrees in second-level disciplines, eight master degrees in first-level disciplines, 62 master degrees in second-level disciplines, and three post-doctoral workshops.
For details, please click: https://www.cdutcm.edu.cn /xxgk /xxjj
Acupuncture Moxibustion & Tuina Master and Ph.D. Program( English)
The length of study for full-time PhD / Master students is consistently three years.
To be eligible, applicants must
1. be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically.
2. be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
3. be an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
4. Graduates-to-be are required to provide the pre-graduation certificate issued by their universities to prove that the applicant will be able to successfully graduate and obtain the graduation certificate before August of the same year of admission.
5. Students awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship are NOT allowed to enjoy other scholarships (excluding one-time awards) established by the Chinese government at all levels and CDUTCM. Once found out, the Chinese Government Scholarship qualification and eligibility shall be canceled, and the Chinese government scholarship already received shall be refunded. Those who deliberately conceal the funding are NOT allowed to apply for Chinese Government Scholarships in three years, except for disqualification.
Ⅳ. Scholarship Student Discipline and Annual Review Requirements
1. During the study, students shall strictly abide by all Chinese laws and regulations, rules and regulations of CDUTCM.
2. According to the regulations of the China Scholarship Council, all scholarship students must participate in the annual review. The annual review period is March to May each year. Those who pass the annual review can continue to enjoy the scholarship in the next academic year, and those who fail to pass the annual review will be suspended or disqualified.
Ⅴ. Scholarship Coverage
It includes tuition fees, accommodation fees, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
2. Funding standard (subject to the provisions of the China Scholarship Council):
(2) Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidies;
Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
(4) Comprehensive medical insurance:CNY 800 per person per year.
Ⅵ. Application Steps
1. Before June 22, 2023, sign up to the International Student Online Service System of CDUTCM at https://cdutcm.17gz.org/, for online registration and application (please choose Chinese Government Scholarship for study program).
2. The following materials shall be uploaded when applying:
(1) A scanned copy of the Passport Information Page. An applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of the information page of his/her passport that will not expire on or before December 1, 2023. Renew the passport if the requirement is not met;
(2) A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original document, printed by Chinese quarantine authorities, shall be filled in in English and kept by the applicant). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Medical examination results are valid for only six months;
(3) An applicant shall submit a valid Certificate of Non-Criminal Record (or Police Clearance Certificate) issued by the local public security (such as the police station), usually issued within six months prior to the submission date of the application;
(4) Diploma and certificate of highest education (notarized photocopy). An applicant who is a current university student shall submit the certificate of expected graduation or student status issued by his/her university;
(5) Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate level). The scanned transcript copies should include the undergraduate, master’s (if any), and doctoral (if any) study stages, and their grades until the last semester. The transcript should be issued and sealed by the Academic Affairs Office, the graduate school or the relevant student management department of the university. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English shall be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
(6) Recommendation letters. An applicant shall submit two recommendation letters in Chinese or in English from professors or associate professors including the requirements of the applicant’s learning objectives, cooperation that inter-university exchanges between the Chinese universities, or the Chinese tutors and the foreign tutors, and evaluation of the students’ comprehensive ability and future development;
(7)English Language Proficiency Test certificate.
(8) A detailed study or research plan written in Chinese or in English (no less than 1000 words/characters, including learning motivation, cognition of our university and China, academic background, professional and scientific research ability, learning and research planning, development potential, etc.), doctoral students must be signed by selective supervisor, etc.;
(9) List of published articles and scientific research achievements in the professional field, as well as representative works or abstracts (if so, please submit).
Note: The materials uploaded through the system must be clear, true and effective. It is recommended that the applicant use professional equipment to scan the relevant documents to be submitted, and the consequences caused by the unclear or unidentifiable materials shall be borne by the applicant.
2. After applying to the university website, you will receive the preliminary assessment results within two working days. The materials that pass the preliminary assessment will be professionally reviewed by relevant experts. The assessment results are expected to be sent by university system letter or email around June 24. Applicants who pass the assessment will receive the pre-admission notice issued by Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
3. Note: Applicants can log in to the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System in advance, http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/. For online registration and application (please fill in 10633, choose “B” for the type of study program), please carefully read the operation handbook of
Chinese Government Scholarship Information System（click to view） and the list of Chinese Government Scholarship application materials(click to view).
When formally submitting an online application, upload the pre-admission notice from CDUTCM. (If you have submitted your application before obtaining the pre-admission notice, please withdraw your application first. After uploading the pre-admission notice, submit the application again). Students who receive the pre-admission notice must log in to Chinese Government Scholarship Information System http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/, submit the application before June 26. Students who have obtained the pre-admission notice from Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine and fail to submit their application on the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System before June 26 will be deemed to have automatically abandoned the opportunity to be recommended by Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Ⅶ. Important tips about the application:
1. Non-Chinese or English documents shall be accompanied by Chinese or English translations of the notarial or license issuing unit.
2. Applicants should ensure that the submitted application information and application materials are accurate and true. If there is anything untrue, the applicant will be disqualified once verified.
3. Please make sure that materials submitted on Chinese Government Scholarship Information System http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/are the same and accurate as materials submitted on the system Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine https://cdutcm.17gz.org/. Consistent on the material will serve as an important basis for the CSC to determine the final admission results. After the final admission result is approved by the China Scholarship Council, the university will send the admission notice and other materials to the applicant.(Due to the epidemic, it is difficult to determine the final admission results of this year. Please pay attention to the university notice.）
4. Successful applicants will start studying at Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in early September 2023. Please refer to the admission notice for the specific registration date.(If affected by the epidemic, some applicants are difficult to register on time, so the university will arrange online registration. For details, please refer to the corresponding notice.）
5. When registering, the student should bring the admission notice of CDUTCM, JW201 Visa Application Form, Foreigners’ Physical Examination Form, original certificate of the highest degree (if not in Chinese or English, and the notarized translation of Chinese or English) and other materials for the university to review the scholarship qualification. For those who fail to pass the review, the scholarship qualification will be canceled.
VIII. Contact Information
Contact person: Ms.Wen
Address: No.1166, Liutai Avenue, Wenjiang District, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, China