MARGARET MCNAMARA EDUCATION GRANTS 2023
South Africa Program
MMEG awards grants on a competitive basis to exceptional women enrolled in the academic term following the awarding of grants at one of the universities in South Africa.
This program accepts applications between May 15 and September 14 each year. Queries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The results will be announced on our web page in mid-December.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a self-identifying woman, and at least 25 years old at time of application deadline;
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program);
- Be registered (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting their application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the MMEG grant;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund, or Inter-American Development Bank staff member, spouse, retiree, or MMEG Board member;
In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
- already be enrolled part-time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full-time at one of the universities you find on the list here.
- be enrolled for at least one more academic term (the term between January and July 2023);
- hold a study permit for South Africa if applying from an eligible country other than South Africa.
Remember to read the Application Checklist and FAQs before applying and select “South Africa program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.
If interested to apply please contact Ms Ntombise Mangqase, Division for Internationalisation email@example.com
Southern African Development Community (SADC) Annual Scholarships 2022
The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development (DALRRD) received an invitation from the Secretariat of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) to participate in the Annual Scholarship programme for 2022. They launched this special scholarship programme to fund eligible tertiary students from the SADC Member States to pursue full-time taught Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral Studies or Research programmes.
Click on link for more information – SADC Scholarship 2022
Netherlands: Master’s and non-degree Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarships 2022
Master’s and short course programmes in the Netherlands. Priority areas include sexual and reproductive health and rights, security and rule of law, access to food and nutrition, and water management.
Deadline for scholarship applications: 22 March 2022.
Germany: Post Doctoral Research Stay For University Academics And Scientists
One to three-month research stay at any German university for senior postdoctoral fellows working at universities and research centers.
Deadline for fellowship applications: 01 April 2022.
Germany: PHD And Postdoctoral Short-Term Research Grant
Short-term research grant for junior research scientists and doctoral candidates at any German university.
Deadline for scholarship applications: 01 April 2022.
Renmin University of China – Master of Contemporary Chinese Studies Scholarship
Master’s scholarships available in China in the following fields: Chinese Politics, Chinese Economics, Chinese Culture, and Chinese Law. Deadline for scholarship applications: 30 April 2022.
UNITED STATES: MASTER’S, PHD AND RESEARCH
Fulbright Foreign Student Programme 2023/2024
Masters, PhD and Visiting Student Researcher scholarships in the United States.
Scholarship available in all fields of study excluding Medical and MBA programmes.
Deadline for scholarship applications: 01 May 2022
UNITED STATES: NON-DEGREE PROGRAMME
Fulbright South African Research Scholar Programme
Non degree programme in the United States in all disciplines.
Deadline for scholarship applications: 01 May 2022.
SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA: HONOUR’S AND MASTER’S
Mandela Institute of Development Studies
Honours and Master’s degrees scholarship in sub-Saharan African country.
Various fields of study available.
Deadline for scholarship applications: Some regions in Africa have varying application deadlines; scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.